Saturday 23 February 2013

Fatherly advice (bless it)

My benefactress told me last night that my dad, bless his heart, was concerned about my latest blog post re: Tebow, and that it my 'strong opinions' may adversely affect my employment prospects. I was nonplussed for the following reasons:

Number 1. The idea that my readership might ever be high enough to ever adversely affect anything is a thrilling if unlikely prospect.
Number 2. I live in Prague where everyone is vaguely unimpressed about everything in the first place, let alone some American football player and some American's opinion about him.
Number 3. For every Tebow lover out there, there are probably 2 Tebow haters. The odds are ever in my favour.
Number 4. Would not wish to work for invasive, theoretical company that stalks my facebook profile so hard they 'hack into it' as my mother suggested, just to find my insignificant blog with which they will justify not hiring self.
Number 5.  My username on this blog is 'feministfascist.' Surely that is a greater reason not to hire self for the mere promise of extreme opinions. Further, anyone with 'feministfascist' as their handle surely must be expected to hate Tim Tebow and similar. Cannot be surprising.
Number 6. The William Lloyd Garrison quote which is my life's mantra surely precludes self-censorship.
"I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat and I will be heard."
Number 7. Perhaps most importantly must keep true to my New Year's Resolutions as best as possible. I refer the dear reader to 'I will not' section 6 of the Resolutions, which reads 'Lie about my ideas, my life, my thoughts and opinions, or myself to make other people feel better somehow'. As I was previously wavering in my resolve to abide by this resolution, I can proudly report to not having fallen at first hurdle.

Love the lovely father and his benefactress wife (my mother) for being concerned, and as ever he has sensible and thoughtful advice. This will be one of those potentially regrettable times I don't follow it. I will retreat into my Tebow-trolling lair:


1 comment:

  1. i mention you in my newest blog entry
    http://thesuburbanartist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete