Sunday 17 February 2013

Martian Rubber Bands

In Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, there is a theory that men are like rubber bands. It is as follows: Men have an “intimacy cycle” where they get close to a person, enjoy the intimacy, and then need to back away and retreat. They eventually become saturated with self-time and come in for more intimacy.  It’s a cycle, and a vicious one at that. Until recently, my only self-examination of my relationship philosophies has been as follows:



Now, though, upon further reflection, I have accepted that in terms of the MAFM,WAFV psychology, I am the emotional Venus of most equations regardless of my sex. I do not have these inclinations of withdrawal because I am not an emotional juvenile like most of the rest of my sex. But I am also a champion game player, and while I may be clueless about the psychological or physiological reasons for anyone's actions in their private and personal lives, I AM a winner at all costs. This is a game I can play, and when I play a game, I like to win. So I have a new combat strategy of nonchalance to my personal life. We'll see where the Martian rubber band flings me.


On the other hand, tendency to be a hermit does suggest there is yet some Mars left in me. Hmm. Speaking of same, must remind self to harangue Laura Jane into forcing me into be a better person re: leaving room, keeping blog updated, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment